Sunday, May 3, 2020

Week 14

This week I began working on my final project, which is a website. I started out with expanding upon my font beforehand though. I added more punctuation marks, and then I added three Unicode glyphs which were a warning sign, radiation sign, and biohazard sign. I thought these were fitting for the aesthetic of my font. I then converted it into a web font so it could be used on my site.



The second thing I had to do before beginning my site was create an animation. In Adobe After Effects, I converted the font into outlines and made an animation of the letters being traced and filled in. I exported this as an MP4 to later include in the site.



For the site itself, I made three sections. The first gives an introduction, the second allows the user to easily copy the special glyphs without having to look them up, and the third is just a text box which lets you test the font. Once everything was properly laid out and responsive, I decided to include a dark mode feature as well. This was accomplished through JavaScript.

HTML



CSS



JavaScript

No comments:

Post a Comment